2.50am. Trumpland. USA.
Time to take the advice from Monty Python’s Eric Idle
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you’re chewing on life’s gristle
Don’t grumble, give a whistle
And this’ll help things turn out for the best…
And…always look on the bright side of life…
Always look on the light side of life…
Rise Up Ye Radical Optimists
Reasons to be Cheerful (Thanks to Ian Drury)
The American people have spoken and we all need to give it a go.
Given the personality of the man, his lack of ideology, his abject lack of experience, his policy bypass, and his narcissism – this isn’t going to be easy (for me anyway).
But we’ve got to get on the program somehow.
So this morning I’m trying to adjust to the latest example of our increasingly VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) world and take a SUPERVUCA (Vibrant, Unreal, Crazy, Astounding) positive view.
- Reagan turned into a great President.
- Hillary was a zero sum, status quo, defensive option.
- The system needs to change; the people want change; Trump is a change agent. He gets things done.
- America’s Founding Fathers blessed us with the gift of a Constitution full of checks and balances. Presidential power is far from absolute.
- Out of crisis usually comes improvement.
That’s all so far!