January 11, 2022
A few days ago I posted a blog from Denis O’Reilly on his New Zealand Black Power initiative – The Fist.
Here are the six values The Fist espouses – which could serve as a Purpose led platform for what I hope will be the next generation of political leaders everywhere.
- Be honest and open with each other.
- Be sure of the validity of information.
- Only use highly trusted sources.
- Despite any differences of opinion or belief stay united.
- Collaborative. Unified. Indivisible.
- Centre everything on the safety and wellbeing of our whanau.
- Stay interconnected. Nurture.
- Put a priority on looking after those in need.
- Stay respectful, dedicated, committed.
- Despite present difficulties focus on the future. Be the best we possibly can.
- Relentlessly pursue excellence.
- Be staunch, be courageous. Do whatever it is we have to do.