Proper Preparation Prevents Pretty Poor Performance
Following on from last week’s checklist for surviving in these challenging times:
1) Prepare Yourself:
- Walk towards the pressure.
- Look at the world as it is, not as it used to be, not as you’d like it to be.
- Remember your ABC’s (Ambition, Belief, Courage). You’ve got this. You will win. Lead with Courage.
- Stay true to your Personal Purpose.
2) Prepare Your Team:
- Recommit to the Company’s Purpose, stay focused on the Focus.
- Connect. Collaborate. Communicate. Commit.
- Remember, none of us is as good as all of us.
- Practice the Three HUMs (Humanity, Humility, Humour).
- Cheerlead, spread calm, share the spotlight and zap energy.
- Focus on Alignment, rather than Agreement.
3) Prepare The Company:
- Simplicity wins in a downturn, complexity loses.
- Speed to Action is a huge differentiator.
- Eliminate. Eliminate. Eliminate.
- Be choiceful – if it doesn’t reduce risk, save money or drive revenue, don’t do it.
- See Surviving the Downturn (July 22nd).
Take the Shot!