Live Life, Love Life (II)
We’ve been at home for 18 months now. We’ve learned some stuff, hated some stuff and loved some stuff. We must eliminate/reduce the bad stuff and do more of the good.
Here are nine good things to consider:
- Don’t look at your phone or your screen until you’ve had coffee, done some exercise and got dressed!
- Design a functional, personalised, inspirational work space – with a comfy chair and great lighting.
- Make sure you have great tech and great meeting disciplines (45 minute limit on meetings, 15 minute gap between meetings, five meetings/day maximum).
- Create work triggers for your brain – start and finish at the same time every day, start the day with a daily to-do list, structure your day to resemble a work day. Put your schedule up on the fridge.
- Spell out protocols (expected response time to emails/texts, contactable hours, no-go hours, procedures for emergency contact).
- Beware the forces of darkness (the fridge, social media, the TV, the sofa and your private phone line).
- Get outside every day and bring the outside in.
- Figure out what time you’re at your best and plan to do the important (not the urgent) stuff then.
- Eat healthy – sit down in a different room – away from your screen, phone and desk.