Foodie Friday – Fresh Fish from The Adriatic
Spent four great days in Montenegro at the magical Aman Sveti Stefan and The Regent in the Porto Montenegro – home to the biggest super yacht berth in the world. Ate nothing but fresh fish all week – from one of Europe’s lost corners of truly wild beauty.
- Matchless wood-grilled, whole Sea Bass on Queen’s Beach – deboned at the table, lemon and oil.
- Local prawns grilled over charcoal at Arva, overlooking the Bay.
- A 1.2kg Bream, salt-baked with asparagus at the Villa Milocer,
- Branzino and Mackerel grilled at Murano in the Porto Montenegro – and some lobster rillettes to get us started.
- Then the best POLPO – chargrilled and marinated – I’ve had for ages.
All washed down with local 5.2% beer – Nikšićko Gold – and the local wines using Vranac grapes (black stallion), one of the oldest and least known grape varieties in the world.
The new Riviera – great value airfares to Tivat on Montenegro Airlines or EasyJet.