Foodie Friday. Nothing Beats a Decadent Lunch at Home.
I love eating dinners out – and I rarely lunch, but when I do, it’s with family or friends and it’s (as Sally Bowles told us in Cabaret) Divinely Decadent.
Last week we did the business at Beckwood.
– Manchester City, Everton and England Footballer and goal scorer.
– Manager of Manchester City – taking us from Division 2 to the Premiership, Everton and Ipswich. Full time Liverpool Wit.
– Cultural Attaché to Huyton (!).
– Manchester City, Everton, Bolton and England midfield dynamo (and named 4th best player in the world in 1985 just behind Maradona and Platini).
– Manager of Manchester City, Sunderland and subject of fan chant ‘Cheer up Peter Reid’.
– Rugby player – Lancashire, the North of England, Barbarians and England.
– Inspirational, free-thinking coach of Bath, Ireland and England and my co-Chairman of the LRGS Black Sheep Club
– Exec Chairman of Wigan Athletic.
– CEO of Wigan Athletic Football Club.
Dave Bennetts, Barry Parsonage and Eric Rigg:
– Friends since primary school and companions in arms at Lancaster Royal Grammar School and The Vale of Lune RUFC.
1pm Drinks in our own Lancastrian pub
3pm Lunch in the Dining Room, Beckwood
7pm ‘Name That Tune’ (!) in The Lancastrian pub
10pm End of Decadent Lunch
Nick Foster – late of The Drunken Duck, now his own boss and private chef in the Lakes and North West Lancashire. Visit him at www.nickfostercatering.co.uk.
Here are Nick’s sample menus: https://www.nickfostercatering.co.uk/dinner-parties.
All washed down with local beers (Bluebird Bitter, Lancaster Blonde and Lakeland Gold), 1995 Château Montrose, 1990 Château d’Yquem and Sandeman’s 40 year old Tawny.
Cheer Up Peter Reid!!!!